Break Me Down. The Lord is My Portion.

I need to be broken. So take me Lord, break me. Break me then make me brand new. I'm caught in the state of numbness, almost scared to leave because it appears safe here. Numbness does not involve risks. You require them.
Break down the wall I've built between us. Break them down, break me down so its not a show to worship You.
"I need Your strength to feel this weak"
Break me down and take me in Your arms. Hide me in Your love and make me clean.
Break me down so You can build me up again. Help me fight the good fight for Joy, the Joy I've lost sight of.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
Again you will take up your tambourines
and go out to dance with the Joyful." - Jeremiah 31:3-4

The Joy I seek is a gift and a fruit. You give Your gifts at precisely the right moment. I will wait for You. You will be my portion.

Jesus come be my portion.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself, ' the Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him." Lamentations 3:22-24

Jesus... be my portion.

My heart is not my own. Its not mine, its Yours. Take it, take me and do what You will. Have Your way with me.
Glorify Yourself with me.
Break me down. Heal these wounds of numbness, that I may feel again.
Thank You. "I will praise You in this storm."

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Break me down. Flat on my face so I can't help but worship You.
Break me down. I have no fear, I trust You. You hold the future.

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
and life is worth the living just because He lives."

I Love Thee Lord Jesus.

Thank You.

"It is a good fight because it is not a struggle to carry a burden, but a struggle to let a burden be carried for us. The life of Joy in God is not a burdened life. It is a unburdened life. The fight for Joy is the struggle to trust God with the burdens of Life.Its a fight for freedom of worry. Its a fight for hope and peace and joy, which are all threatened by unbelief and doubt about God's promises. And since freedom and hope and peace and Joy are good, the fight to preserve them is a good fight." When I don't desire God by John Piper

Break Me Down by Tenth Avenue North.
Yeah, I feel You fallin'
Like the rain against my skin
And I hear You calling
Your voice like thunder in my head
But now I am stallin'
Cuz I'm afraid to let you in

Yeah, come break me down with Your mercy
Come break me down again

I'm Yours tonight
I'm Yours, You can break me down
Break through these walls I hide behind
I'm Yours tonight
Come and break me down
Won't You break me....

Cuz I need your strength to feel this weak
I need your touch to fill my need
I need your strong hands to carry me
Take me, break me, set me free
Cuz I need your strength to feel this weak
I need your touch to fill my need
I need your strong hands to carry me

Take me, bring me to my knees
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Satisfy My Soul by Tenth Avenue North
How could it be that I've fallen this far?
Asleep to the truth, yet awake in the dark.
I fell for the trick,
how ungrateful I've become in Your eyes.
Am I so foolish to chase and demand,
things of this earth that were made by Your hand.

Drawn in deceit by exchanging
Your truth for a lie.

Satisfy my soul.
And drown my heart in Yours.
'Til I find that all of me desires You.

When I consider the moon and the stars
Excuse have I none, to describe who You are.
And still I exalt the created.
Oh Lover of mine, bring sight to my eyes.

Satisfy my soul.
And drown my heart in Yours.
'Til I find that all of me desires You.


Beautiful, Wonderful, Colorful, Maker
What if we could only see You, the Creator.

Satisfy my soul.
And drown my heart in Yours.
'Til I find that all of me desires You.
----------------------------------------------
Break Me Down by Wesley Sweigart

Oh my God, I’ve fallen on my face
I can’t remember why I’m in this place
I came here so very long ago
Somehow I must escape I know

I’ve lost the meaning of it all
So this is how far I can fall

Break me down and build me up
Let me not in my own strength confide

Never again I’ll drink from (this world’s) cup
Let me for my life in you hide

I’m so weak, I cannot move my feet
So close to Hell I can feel its heat
I run blind, but my way is lost
Help me to remember the cost

I’ve lost the meaning of it all
So this is how far I can fall

Break me down and build me up
Le me not in my own strength confide

Never again I’ll drink from (this world’s) cup
Let me for my life in you hide

I’ll show the world how weak I am
I’ll show the world my great
I AM

Break me down and build me up
Let me not in my own strength confide

Never again I’ll drink from (this world’s) cup
Let me for my life in you hide.

Comments

Unknown said…
I Love You Beth!!! You're on the right track =)
Cara said…
I also have what I call my "battle for joy"-for being satisfied all in Christ, needing no one and nothing other, but enjoying all the good gifts He gives. It was neat to read your post!

Popular Posts