Faith
I couldn't sleep last night. I went from nervousness to excitement and back to nervousness. Tossing and turning all night. Plus a little boy who must not be feeling good because he couldn't sleep either.
Anywho, I'm nervous/excited because I went way out on a limb I'm not comfortable being on.
My husband and I sponsor a little girl through Compassion. Well we got our Compassion Christmas catalog last night and I as flipped through the pages I felt somewhat helpless. I know even the smallest amount of money helps these people. And while I certainly am going to give as much as I can... I feel like I couldn't give enough. There was a particular section that really gripped my heart. The mothers and newborns section. Being a mom to a young one I understand wanting to provide the best you can for your child. And I REALLY wanted to help..
So I went out on a limb last night and started the journey of asking people for money for these Moms and their Babies. I understand its Christmas, and I understand that I probably won't get the $846 I want to raise. But I have to trust God. and I have to do what I can to help. Being a wife and mom I don't feel specifically called to go out into the world and help face to face. But I do feel called to help, and this is one easy way I can.
I'm trying to raise money to provide food for a year for a Mom and her baby. To help moms and babies in poverty survive for a year through prenatal care and education, medical attention and vitamins and nutritious food. Help a mom toward a safe birth. by helping provide a skilled attendant and prenatal visits.
All that said.. the reason I'm nervous is because I feel like I shouldn't ask for money. What if people think I'm crazy? Then I feel like someone just doesn't want me to feel like this is a good thing. I've done fundraising for money before to pay my way to choral festivals... so why do I feel so guilty asking people for money for a much more worthy cause? I don't know.
All I know is that I have Faith in God. and even if I only raise five dollars.. thats probably more than a days worth of food for a mom and baby. So all this will be well worth it.
Anywho, I'm nervous/excited because I went way out on a limb I'm not comfortable being on.
My husband and I sponsor a little girl through Compassion. Well we got our Compassion Christmas catalog last night and I as flipped through the pages I felt somewhat helpless. I know even the smallest amount of money helps these people. And while I certainly am going to give as much as I can... I feel like I couldn't give enough. There was a particular section that really gripped my heart. The mothers and newborns section. Being a mom to a young one I understand wanting to provide the best you can for your child. And I REALLY wanted to help..
So I went out on a limb last night and started the journey of asking people for money for these Moms and their Babies. I understand its Christmas, and I understand that I probably won't get the $846 I want to raise. But I have to trust God. and I have to do what I can to help. Being a wife and mom I don't feel specifically called to go out into the world and help face to face. But I do feel called to help, and this is one easy way I can.
I'm trying to raise money to provide food for a year for a Mom and her baby. To help moms and babies in poverty survive for a year through prenatal care and education, medical attention and vitamins and nutritious food. Help a mom toward a safe birth. by helping provide a skilled attendant and prenatal visits.
All that said.. the reason I'm nervous is because I feel like I shouldn't ask for money. What if people think I'm crazy? Then I feel like someone just doesn't want me to feel like this is a good thing. I've done fundraising for money before to pay my way to choral festivals... so why do I feel so guilty asking people for money for a much more worthy cause? I don't know.
All I know is that I have Faith in God. and even if I only raise five dollars.. thats probably more than a days worth of food for a mom and baby. So all this will be well worth it.
Comments