Labor.
Currently VERY pregnant with our 5th child. As labor approaches I get anxious and excited. I'm dreading experiencing labor again, at the same time I'm giddy with excitement to meet this baby!
I joined a Bible reading plan that takes you through the whole Bible in 9 months... I keep telling myself this was a crazy idea being 9 months prego and trying to take on so much reading material. But, as always, it has been nothing but a blessing and it prompted me to hop on here and share what spoke to me this week.
John 16:20-22 says, "20 Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. 21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. "
In the passage Jesus is talking to his disciples about his death and resurrection, but it also was a sweet reminder to me about the Christian life.
This life is A LOT like labor. This world is broken. It is hard. It is painful. It is exhausting. It is scary. As Christians we aren't promised an easy life but rather the opposite. Life will be harder because we are working against our flesh. Most of the time trials are right on top of each other. One right after the other. BUT GOD sent His Son, Jesus, so that would have hope and not "labor" in this world for nothing. We can rejoice because He died in our place so that we would live. We rejoice because He has overcome this world. We can rejoice in the pain and trials knowing that JOY is coming and soon pain will be no more.
And I know this may not seem like much to some... but this gave me such hope. and a BEAUTIFUL way to view the pain in labor. I've had 4 kids naturally so far and I'm still honestly on the fence as to whether this will be natural or not. BUT, this picture made all my births a pleasant memory to look back and reflect on the pain and the JOY that comes after the baby is FINALLY in my arms.
I joined a Bible reading plan that takes you through the whole Bible in 9 months... I keep telling myself this was a crazy idea being 9 months prego and trying to take on so much reading material. But, as always, it has been nothing but a blessing and it prompted me to hop on here and share what spoke to me this week.
John 16:20-22 says, "20 Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. 21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. "
In the passage Jesus is talking to his disciples about his death and resurrection, but it also was a sweet reminder to me about the Christian life.
This life is A LOT like labor. This world is broken. It is hard. It is painful. It is exhausting. It is scary. As Christians we aren't promised an easy life but rather the opposite. Life will be harder because we are working against our flesh. Most of the time trials are right on top of each other. One right after the other. BUT GOD sent His Son, Jesus, so that would have hope and not "labor" in this world for nothing. We can rejoice because He died in our place so that we would live. We rejoice because He has overcome this world. We can rejoice in the pain and trials knowing that JOY is coming and soon pain will be no more.
And I know this may not seem like much to some... but this gave me such hope. and a BEAUTIFUL way to view the pain in labor. I've had 4 kids naturally so far and I'm still honestly on the fence as to whether this will be natural or not. BUT, this picture made all my births a pleasant memory to look back and reflect on the pain and the JOY that comes after the baby is FINALLY in my arms.
Comments