we're going to trader joes tonight



So lately I've been wanting to be healthier. Not only with eating, but also cleaning. I found this little book that I'm absolutely dying to get. Green Clean: The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning Your Home

Its a little book that has homemade cleaning products and some clean tips and stuff like that.

I've also been looking around online and found some cool ideas for stuff like dishwasher detergent, hand soap and toothsoap.
So I've got my list of things I need to get in order to make some of these and I can't wait til after choir so Ben and I can go to Trader Joes. ( best store ever).

The other day we made homemade laundry detergent at Ben's parents. All I know right now is it smells wonderful. We're going to make our own soon and post pictures and stuff on our future blog.

Here are the links to sites that I found the recipes from:

on that site I just messed around and looked at several different pages from it. But this one had a lot of recipes on it.

Favorite blog ever. (other than my Hubby's of course)
I've already made the hand soap. and I love it.
I can't wait to try the toothsoap though.

I will post my successes.. or failures :P and let you know how I liked them or didn't.

Oh and also. This has nothing to do with "going green" or anything. I just don't like chemicals and all that. I want a healthy home. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
You need to hurry home from choir so we can go!!! Only 15 more minutes 'til you get home!! Yay!
Melanie Shearer said…
Thank you for posting my article! I hope that you like the recipes. Just an FYI, you can change the scent of the soaps by choosing other Dr. Bronner's soaps. The peppermint is excellent when mixed with chamomile essential oil.

Melanie Shearer, Feature Writer, Suite 101
Daniel & Mindy said…
awesome! i'm glad you like the soap!
{and its good to have another person that likes arsenic & old lace, too :)}

Popular Posts