Thankful.
I got to thinking what I was really thankful for (still not done) and I decided just to post it all here. just.. because.
- Jesus, and what he did on that cross. Your blood has washed away my sin. Jesus Thank You.
- My Family of course.
- My friends. In particular Brandon, Ying, Morgan, Marissa, Emily, Caleb, Whitney, Jessi, Megan H., and Nathan.
- Church. CrossWay Community Church, my second home.
- Music, because it makes me feel more alive.
- Frisbee. =P
- Choir.
- Ben H. Even though I haven't talked to him in awhile. Miss you like crazy.
- My Bible. You know, some people don't have the privilege of having there Bible right beside them to look things up. So.. I'm truly thankful that I do.
- My guitar. Seriously. I'm blessed to have a guitar. Even more so to be able to play it.
- My voice. (singing wise)
- Ma-maw Floy. She's sooo hilarious. I miss her being here. I know I would complain when I had to take her to the bathroom every morning, every night, and every time in between, but still. I miss her. And I hope she gets better soon!. although. 94 and a broken leg don't mix well together.
- Pa-paw Cook. Every single memory I have. He's more than a memory. I still miss him. But I'm thankful for everytime I saw him. All those trips to Lexington BBQ (driving for 45 min. to get bbq and then I get grilled cheese =P) and for his swing.
- Ma-maw and Papaw Calvert.
- for the VSI. I know a video rental store isn't something to be thankful for.. but I mean hey. 5 movies for $5 for 5 nights isn't too bad of a deal. and plus I love the people there.
- My watch. Yes, it was expensive. But it was purchased in memory of Pa-paw. Every time some one ask for the time I get to be reminded of him.. I mean, how great is that?!
- For English.. cause I would fail Spanish.
- Blogger
- My iPod.
- Concerts
- Our Pastors, Joe, Mike, Nick, Mickey, John, Larry and Jim.
- Brian and Sherri.. because they have been such great friends to my parents.
- The Grafs.. for the same reasons.
- Itunes.
- the Christy book. Because it helped my grow in Jesus.
- Safely Home. Best book ever! other than the Bible. It helped me see how blessed I am.
- Facebook. yes. I'm thankful for Facebook. Because it helps me keep in touch with friends.
- a house. because I don't want to live out in the street. seriously.
There are a million other things I'm thankful for, and I could list them. But it would take a long time and plus I think Blogger would make a limit on how long a post could be. So, to top it all off I would say. That the last, and Definitely not least, thing, or person or whatever it is, I'm thankful for is Love. Because. I love all those people up there. I love (keeping in mind that the Bible says not to love the world.) those things up there. not like i Love those people. "there are as many forms of love, as there are moments in time." (Mansfield Park) I love those things in a unattached way. (thats sooo contradictory but it makes sense to me). and back to why I'm Thankful for Love. Because God is Love.
More than anything else in the world I'm thankful for Love, other than Jesus dying on the cross for us. But then, thats Love too isn't it?
Comments
i wish i could have talked to you a more today at church... well i'll see you tomorrow i guess. :)