I have't posted in a while.
So I thought I had better.
Today was interesting enough to write about.
Today was Ma-maw Floy's funeral. It was a happy one, I only saw one person crying. Nick's sermon was beautiful. I reallyyyy wish He could've done Pa-paw's instead of my grandmothers boring older pastor, where it sounded like he just used one that he had already prepared for people he doesn't know. At least my mom had gotten up and spoken though.
back to Floy's fuenral.
My Dad, Grandmother and Brandon all did amazing! Thanks for sharing.
When I got to the funeral when I looked at Floy and just thought. Something is different. Then, I realized it was her mouth, she always had slept with it wide open and snored like crazy. But they had closed her mouth. Which is a good thing I guess.
The hardest thing for me was that it was the same place where we had Pa-paw's funeral. Lady's funeral home. The people are so kind and gentle there, its unbelievable how much I don't mind being there, although, I don't like being there under the circumstances. (nevermind).
But. It feels like yesterday I was in that parking lot getting to drive Marty's firebird for the first time while waiting on Mom to get out. ( My Dad is sneaky like that =P). Then walking in Lady's that evening for Pa-paw's viewing...
We won't go there. I can't.
I really enjoyed having everyone at our house all day. Even though the whole time I wanted a nap. I was glad those people cared enough to come and be there. And Marissa and Josiah. I know you guys wanted to be there. =) and that means more than you can imagine! =)
Thanks everyone who came today! =)
Now to Floy. Just a memory from last summer.
I had put Floy in her wheel chair out on the porch, since it was really hot and she was cold. and she needed some fresh air. Well, I came out there to check on her and said, "Whatcha doing out here Floy."
She looked at me with that silly grin on her face and replied, "I'm waiting for a rich old man to pass by so I can catch him."
I started laughin' and sat down and said, "Well. I'll just sit and wait for me a young rich man."
"We'll be waiting here a while I reckon."
I Love Floy, Flossy Jane, Ma-maw Floy.
I always will. She brought soo much laughter. and even though I complained alot about getting up every morning and taking her to the bathroom ad then taking care of her all through the day, it still was a joy to have her around. She's already missed. But thats ok.
She's dancing with Jesus. (I'm sooo Jealous =P)
Comments
And yes, you dad did very good. It reminded me of how Floy would have wanted him to be. Brandon was awesome too. And your grandma was very good and sweet =)
Yeah, I'm sorry Marissa couldn't be there for you. I know she really wanted to be....and I know how much you love her :)
haha, BJ, that made me laugh so much. What a cute story!
Love you! (((((Hugs)))))