Proverbs
I started studying proverbs... and here is what happened when I got a hold of paper, lol.
Did you know that in Proverbs it says, "My son pay attention to my wisdom" or, "Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction" etc. 10 Times in just the 1st 5 chapters!! Must be important, wouldn't you say? I would. What could be more important than storing up the wisdom of my father and mother? Proverbs also describes the blessing we will receive in return for obedience, and it mentions the consequence which follows disobedience and lack of wisdom.
Whatever this turns out to be I want the reader to know that this is about Wisdom and obeying you father and mother, storing their commands within in you. "Guard(ing) their teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind(ing) them on your fingers; writing them on the tablet of your heart." (Proverbs 7:1-3)
This will also try to help us understand how important wisdom is! "Get wisdom, get understanding...Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." (Proverbs 4:5-7)
As I am studying Proverbs for (almost) the 1st time, going through it and underlining everytime it says something like, "Get wisdom, get understanding" and, "Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mothers teachings" (Proverbs 1:8) I realize just how important it is to obey and listen to the words of my parents, and how obeying and wisdom go hand in hand with each other. "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning you ear towards wisdom and applying you heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as silver and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." (Proverbs 2:1-5)
I continue to study the subject, for today is just the 1st day, the beginning, hopefully I will be able, through God's help and love, to write a little book for myself.. and who knows, maybe others.
Much Love,
BJ
Did you know that in Proverbs it says, "My son pay attention to my wisdom" or, "Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction" etc. 10 Times in just the 1st 5 chapters!! Must be important, wouldn't you say? I would. What could be more important than storing up the wisdom of my father and mother? Proverbs also describes the blessing we will receive in return for obedience, and it mentions the consequence which follows disobedience and lack of wisdom.
Whatever this turns out to be I want the reader to know that this is about Wisdom and obeying you father and mother, storing their commands within in you. "Guard(ing) their teachings as the apple of your eye. Bind(ing) them on your fingers; writing them on the tablet of your heart." (Proverbs 7:1-3)
This will also try to help us understand how important wisdom is! "Get wisdom, get understanding...Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." (Proverbs 4:5-7)
As I am studying Proverbs for (almost) the 1st time, going through it and underlining everytime it says something like, "Get wisdom, get understanding" and, "Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mothers teachings" (Proverbs 1:8) I realize just how important it is to obey and listen to the words of my parents, and how obeying and wisdom go hand in hand with each other. "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning you ear towards wisdom and applying you heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as silver and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." (Proverbs 2:1-5)
I continue to study the subject, for today is just the 1st day, the beginning, hopefully I will be able, through God's help and love, to write a little book for myself.. and who knows, maybe others.
Much Love,
BJ
Comments