God..

Isn't God just the best friend we could ask for?
We sang in church today "what a Friend we have in Jesus" and it just makes sense.
God makes sense for the most part. Why He would save someone as broken as me still amazes me every single day.
God gets it too. He knows what to do. He created this life and is so faithful to help us through it. To give us His strong arm to lean upon.
I'm having a terrible time leaning on that arm. I think I can make it on my own, and I know God is right there with me, waiting for me to fall down to where I can't get back on my feet, so He can pick me up again. Now I must lean on His arm. Cause I can't very well walk with every bone in my body broken.
I even find myself anticipating my fall. That might sound strange but its sometimes through falls that I really can depend on God to support me. But right now, I feel like I want so bad to be leaning on Him but I'm not. Maybe because I need to be strong when everyone else isn't. I feel like breaking down and crying to my parents, because of sorrow, is selfish. But then its hard to even cry at all. I don't want to except that he is gone. I know he is. But If I let that sink in then my eyes begin to fill with tears.
I don't know.
anywho.
God is gonna be faithful. He already is faithful. And I want to fall. So He can pick me up. Right now I can't just let myself fall into His arms.. Why?? Why, can't I?!?!? The sad thing is.. I have no idea why. but anyway. these Lyrics are encouraging. No matter if you are strong or weak. I guess what I want to say about God, to bring Him glory, is better said in these lyrics:



What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.


Comments

Emily said…
Hi Bethany,

I'm so sorry and I'm praying for you! I missed you at care group last night. Hang in there and trust in the Lord! I know what you mean about not wanting to cry. It can seem so easy, yet hard to do. Just know that it's ok to cry...all your friends are here to help. While we can't do anything compared to Jesus, we can listen to you and be here for you. I'm always here if you wanna cry or talk about this or anything else. It reminds me of the song 'lean on me':

"Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on"

I love who you are Bethany! I don't know you very well nor have I known you long, but I have seen God in you and working in you. You are so sweet and fun and you love your Lord. I'm so happy that I have a friend like you!

I love this song that you posted! God is truly an awesome God! I'm glad you are encouraged by it.

I love you and I'll talk to you soon!
Emily
morgan joy said…
wow bethany, i know just how you feel. stuff has happened in my life lately that is really hard for me. i just cried for a couple hours one night then i opened the Bible and the first thing i saw said "Trust in God" it was the beginning of a chapter in Psalms i think but i just kinda stared at the words for a couple seconds and then i just started laughing cause it was so amazing how God spoke to me just then! so thats what ive been doing, just trusting Him and leaning on Him and things have gotten so much better.

love you!

Popular Posts