Rekindling The Spiritfire.




If you don't have that book.. buy it. Its not this amazing awesome big book or anything.. Its simple (like me) and helpful in different ways.

I made a decision today. Instead of waiting around to fall, why not go to God and tell Him I need Him? Another book to try and obtain if you want help with prayer is "A young Womans Call To Prayer" - By Elizabeth George.
Anywho.
Here is what happened when I got a hold of paper =P
and note. This probably won't make much sense, as I just wrote the random things and phrases and verses I liked. I'm not going to revise it to make it some amazing post. Here it is, how it is. How I wrote it first.

A chapter from Rekindling The Spiritfire".
In God We Trust?
"When everything in our lives is turning into a downward spiral, we want to trust in our own strength, our own power, our own capabilities to make it better. We think, "Yes, Lord, You are capable of fixing the situation. I'm just helping You along." No, God doesn't need our help. He has the world spinning continuosly in space just at the right distance around the sun. He keeps the ecosystem functioning, the right balance of chemicals in the air to sustain life on this planet. Why can't I think He's able to fix my problems without my help?

We can't have complete faith in God without trust. The way a frightened little child trusts his parents should be our attitude about the Lord. No questions; no "but what if"; no "but You don't understand my situation"--just total dependence on faith in the Prince of Peace. Now that really is "In God We Trust."

God is continually pouring His strength into me. I can't do anything without His strength. Nothing. Notta. Zip.

"Why are you are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him,
my salvation and my God." Ps. 42:5

"For we also are weak in Him, but dealing with you we will live with Him by the power of God." 2 Cor. 13:4

"For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish." Jeremiah 31:25

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

Why do we try to take things into our own hands?
God knows what is best for us. So why can't we get that into our heads? Why can't we get it?
God knows the future, where we don't know. He's already been there, done that. Isn't that comforting though? He's already been there and He will be right there with us when we get there. Now we just gotta learn to trust.

"We're not talking to a brick wall when we pray---we're talking to someone who really listens" Someone who really cares.

"Lord, teach me to pray." Luke 11:1

Psalm 19:7-11

The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul;
the testimony of the LORD is sure,
making wise the simple;
the precepts of the LORD are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the LORD is pure,
enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the LORD is clean,
enduring forever;
the rules of the LORD are true,
and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey
and drippings of the honeycomb.
Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey, i know christie g. she's a very close friend of a very close friend of mine... ;)
she's an incredible musician. she played my old out-of-tune piano and somehow got it to sound good. she sings really really well, too.

Popular Posts