The Masquerade


"MASQUERADE PAPER FACES ON PARADE MASQUERADE."


Isn't life sorta like a big masquerade?
We all put on our masks. If not everyday at least 3 or 4 times a week. Or maybe you don't use that mask often at all like I do.
But you know this got me thinking.
I use mine where ever I go. Why is this? I asked myself this question this morning and came up with this conclusion.
I wear my mask because I feel like maybe if I paint smile on, maybe, just maybe others might be truly happier. When I put my mask on, I'm pushing my feelings down so that I can help others. If that makes sense. I push my feeling down so that they don't get in the way.
I don't even know if thats the smart thing to do. But I do it.
You know I read in a book once that when you have a smile on your face, it gives others a little bit of hope. And even if they know we're hurting, because we can still find even the smallest joy it gives others a reason to smile too.
And I want to see more people smiling. So yes, I don't care about how I feel when I'm around people. I want to see others smiling. I want to see people finding the small joys in life and making them count for more than all the bad stuff.
Remember. "When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry. Tell life you have a thousand of reasons to Smile."
Also. Brand New Girlfriend just came on 96.9 the Kat. I love this song. But its stupid. But its upbeat and makes me smile. =) even though I feel like this: =/

Comments

Popular Posts