The Boat.
Written 2006.. or early 2007..
The Boat
By: Bethany Joy
My Brother and I stood outside waiting for the boat. “Will it ever come?” I said to him. “If we are patient and wait, it will come when it’s time.
Weeks, months, and years passed and still no boat came our way. We prayed to God and asked Him, “Did something go wrong? Did we miss our precious boat?” He answered with just one word, “Wait.” It was clear we knew that the boat we longed for would come soon.
Weeks, months, a year went by and still we sat, ever watchful for our boat. We slept at night and watch hopefully all day. Then again we went before God. “Will it ever come?”
His answer was, “Wait.”
Then I spoke to Him, “ Lord, how long must we wait? We've waited for years already."
He replied, "Trust me and wait."
Guilt filled me for not trusting Him. "Lord," I said, "we are sorry for ever doubting You, You who love us far more than Gold, we will wait, as long as it takes. We will trust You, because You are doing this for our good and will lead us safely from this island and take us Home.”
Two weeks later on a soft summer night, I looked out to the sea. There it was. “OUR BOAT!” I shouted. “OUR BOAT!”
My brother and I rushed out to meet it and on board was Jesus. He spoke to us saying, “ I have come to take you Home.”
So we sailed away, Homeward bound, to be with our Father.
We arrived at the city, the city of Gold and on the throne was God our Father. Not a more wonderful sight could ever be seen.
Then our Father said, “ Blessed are you with great patience. You have wait for My boat and it came because you were patient. You have trusted and obeyed Me. You were tempted to give up hope, but you did not. You trusted that I would bring you safely Home, and I did. Now you shall be greatly rewarded for you have shown that you love Me and trust Me. And so you shall live with us here in the City of Gold, and a feast shall be held in your honor”.
They lived eternally happy outside the boundaries of time.
The End
By: Bethany Joy
My Brother and I stood outside waiting for the boat. “Will it ever come?” I said to him. “If we are patient and wait, it will come when it’s time.
Weeks, months, and years passed and still no boat came our way. We prayed to God and asked Him, “Did something go wrong? Did we miss our precious boat?” He answered with just one word, “Wait.” It was clear we knew that the boat we longed for would come soon.
Weeks, months, a year went by and still we sat, ever watchful for our boat. We slept at night and watch hopefully all day. Then again we went before God. “Will it ever come?”
His answer was, “Wait.”
Then I spoke to Him, “ Lord, how long must we wait? We've waited for years already."
He replied, "Trust me and wait."
Guilt filled me for not trusting Him. "Lord," I said, "we are sorry for ever doubting You, You who love us far more than Gold, we will wait, as long as it takes. We will trust You, because You are doing this for our good and will lead us safely from this island and take us Home.”
Two weeks later on a soft summer night, I looked out to the sea. There it was. “OUR BOAT!” I shouted. “OUR BOAT!”
My brother and I rushed out to meet it and on board was Jesus. He spoke to us saying, “ I have come to take you Home.”
So we sailed away, Homeward bound, to be with our Father.
We arrived at the city, the city of Gold and on the throne was God our Father. Not a more wonderful sight could ever be seen.
Then our Father said, “ Blessed are you with great patience. You have wait for My boat and it came because you were patient. You have trusted and obeyed Me. You were tempted to give up hope, but you did not. You trusted that I would bring you safely Home, and I did. Now you shall be greatly rewarded for you have shown that you love Me and trust Me. And so you shall live with us here in the City of Gold, and a feast shall be held in your honor”.
They lived eternally happy outside the boundaries of time.
The End
Wow. Little did I know this would bring me tears 3 years later.
So much truth I never would've even realized before. How much that applies to me now.
Comments