Abandoningly.

What do people think my passion is? 
What do strangers see when the look at me? 

Do they see just another average teenage girl? Or would they see something more?

I want to people to see that I'm so abandoningly in love with Christ. (thank you Marissa for that word =P). But when I look at myself I think the first thing people think of is, "Oh, she loves music." And I do. I have an amazing passion for music. 
But... I want to be so in love with Christ that He is all they see in me. I want them to see Christ, not me. 
My goal right now is to be abandoningly in Love with Christ. That is my main focus. And anything that gets in the way of that has to change. Not saying that I can't do those things.. like listen to music or watch movies. I just have to think hard about them and ask myself if this is distracting me from God, if so. Then that.. needs to change.
Jesus has to come first. 
I can't servive any other way. Seriously. I tried to servive on things of the world, but they don't last. The world will never be enough. But Jesus is.

Live life bigger. That is my motto. 
Because I believe I can live bigger than I am now. I can be better for Christ. 
I can with God.
I love 2 Corinthians 1:21:
"21Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ..."
That's a relief. That God is the one who makes us stand firm. Not anything we say or do. Cause without Him I'm worthless. Worse than worthless. 

Live Life Abandoningly for Christ.






Comments

Emily said…
Wow Bethany. I just made a whole post on my Dare 2 Dig Deeper blog that is say a lot of what you just sadly, but on a slightly different angle. Wow, very similar thoughts....

Oh, i love it. 'Live Life Abandoningly for Christ'....
Wesley said…
That should be every Christian's life motto. It's kind of like "I'm a Christian who happens to be a musician." Christ always should come first.

And as a word of encouragement, that is the thing I see first in your life. Not that I don't see other things in your life, too, but Christ always seems to be foremost in your life.
Emily said…
oh yeah...completely ditto what Wes said.

On a side note, I hate my TYPOS!! I said 'sadly' I meant said. haha, sorry
Emily said…
amen,Bethany! :)
Anonymous said…
I give you permission to use my word, haha.

Great points, Bethany. *hugs*

Popular Posts