Idk why.

But I feel like writing today. I feel like just typing. Keep repeating over and over how amazing God is and His love for us. I like what my friend Carter said on his blog the other day. 
"I've come to the conclusion that if something becomes of more value to you than God
Cut it Off"


That just reminds me of past experiences I guess. I let things get above God.. that has to change. Now whether I change it or God changes it is always interesting to watch. Years later you begin to understand. 

Anywho.

On another note. I had an amazing day today. 
And I wanted to share what I read today in my devotional book. It's called "Jesus Calling." 
Its written like God is talking to you. Although I think it was more written for women.. I think everyone could find this useful.. or more like beneficial? Idon't know what word I'm looking for there. But anyways here it is. 

"Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope! As I told My desciples, in the world you will have trouble.Link your hope not to the problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven. Instead of seeking to perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me: the Perfect One.

"It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Ne in the midst of adverse circumstance. In fact, My light shines most brightly though the believers who trust Me in the dark. That kind of trust is supernatural: a production of My indwelling Spirit. When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway. I am much less interested in right circumstance than in right responses to whatever comes your way." 

 33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
  In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, 
       for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man....

 7 He will have no fear of bad news; 
       his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes." - Psalm 112:4, 7-8



Jonathan Edwards-
"Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will."

Comments

Emily said…
That post was pretty awesome.

Yeah, I know what you mean Bethany. I've been wanting to post something all day, but the only thing I want to post about is how amazing God is. What a great problem for us to have =D

Popular Posts